Did you REALLY just ask me that question???

As the kids would say, "Three more sleeps" until vacation. Everyone's been asking, "Wow, what are you guys going to do for a whole week?". So I'd just like to address that question since inquiring minds want to know.

Hmmm, let me see...whatever shall I do with myself for a week in Mexico:

• NOT get up multiple times in the night with my restless children who have lost their stuffed animal, have a wet pull-up, or need to go potty

• NOT drive to and wait around for 4 therapy appointments

• NOT get up 5+ times during a meal to get someone something...only to finally sit down to cold food and an empty table

• NOT break up fights between my children numerous times a day

• NOT barricade myself in my office so I can make a phone call to a client

• NOT start my workday at 9:00pm

• NOT ask "Who has to go potty?"

• NOT frantically try to meet client's often unrealistic deadlines (But I DO love you, clients)

• NOT do laundry

• NOT rush out the door in a frenzy as we attempt to get to church on time

• NOT cook

• NOT clean (Disclaimer: Chad helps clean, so I can't completely complain about this one)

• NOT wipe little behinds...or mouths & noses for that matter

• NOT chase around a 4-year-old who somehow always seems to FORGET that he has to wear pajamas at bedtime, which usually ends in hysterics - you'd think I was torturing him

• NOT get up at 6:00am because someone's hungry after not wanting to eat their dinner

• NOT worry about what bills are due (Note to self: Make sure all bills are set up to be paid before we leave on Saturday)

• NOT feed the dog, let her out & pick up her presents she's left us in the yard

• NOT sort junk mail

• NOT get out of the shower with only one leg shaved because crisis-intervention is needed

• NOT feel disgusted & depressed about my horrendously messy office

• NOT look at the clock every 10 seconds wondering where I'm supposed to be

• NOT respond to email/facebook/text messages/voicemail

• NOT feel married to my computer

• NOT sing the same bedtime songs I have for the past 6 years

• NOT read bedtime stories, namely Brown Bear, Brown Bear and any and all Dora The Explorer books

• NOT grocery shop

• NOT watch any kids shows or listen to kids music (Farewell Wiggles...for a week anyway)

• NOT feel guilty that I don't have more time to keep up with friends & family (You all know I still love you, right??)

• NOT eat hot dogs, corn dogs, macaroni & cheese, and peanut butter & jelly (THANK GOD!!! BRING ON THE REAL ADULT FOOD!!!)

• NOT be on any sort of schedule

• NOT sit in traffic on 94

• NOT worry about wearing "kid friendly" clothes (I know what you're all thinking...that's not what I meant - we're talking sundresses, skirts, etc. that aren't usually real conducive to "kid outings")

• NOT have to take Chad clothes at work due to a "wardrobe malfunction" (okay, okay, this only happened a few times)

• NOT push kids on the swing at the park

• NOT listen to someone complaining about what I made for dinner

• NOT get interrupted every 2 seconds when I try to talk to Chad about something

• NOT fish goodies & toys out from under the fridge or the stove for the kids

• NOT run in a panic after Evel Knievel as he speeds away on his bike into an intersection

• NOT chase kids around Target

• NOT brush our wooly mammoth dog

• NOT set up my "mobile office" at the park, therapy waiting room, ball park, etc.

• NOT take phone calls from clients at all hours of the day & night (Again, I DO love you, clients)

• NOT help Mr. Libby with any homework/school projects (proofing papers)

• NOT skip meals because there simply isn't enough time in the day to make sure everyone else is taken care of

• NOT say "You're going to lose privileges if you do that! It's your choice."

• NOT try to find a babysitter

• NOT feel like my husband is a complete stranger

Hopefully that gives you a little insight as to what our week will be like! :)

More than likely, getting away will make us both realize even more than usual just how blessed we are with the life God has given us! VIVA MEXICO!!!!!

0 comments:

Copyright © 2008 - Libby Land - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template