When I Grow Up

This week is a special week...Peyton is "Star of the Week" at school and she's SOOOO excited about it. She gets to be the special helper in the classroom all week, got to bring home the classroom bear (Baby Bear) for a sleepover, and also gets to share a bit about herself through a poster we made. Mrs. Ward, Peyton's teacher, sent home a list of a few things she wanted us to share along with pictures, including what Peyton's favorite food was, what her favorite animal was, etc. As I sat with Peyton putting together her poster we had so much fun! We got to the final part of the poster we needed to fill in - I asked Peyton, "What do you want to be when you grow up?". With a huge grin on her face she smiled and excitedly exclaimed, "A GRANDMA!". I laughed at the time, but the more I thought about it, I thought how impressive. Most kids would've responded "a doctor" or "a fireman" or "a teacher", but not Peyton. To her, being a Grandma is an important job and it made me smile to think that she realizes that at such a young age. I think back to growing up and how special both of my Grandmas (and my great Grandma who I remember spending time with) were to me. Today would've been my Grandma Cromley's 80th birthday, and boy, do I wish she were still here so she could have met my kids! They would have loved her!! We have plenty of photos around of both Grandma & Grandpa Cromley so the kids know who they are (along with Grandpa Carl)...and that they'll get to meet them all in heaven. My Grandma Grace (who Peyton's middle name is after) celebrated her 91st birthday in January and my kids absolutely adore her. There isn't a day that goes by where Peyton doesn't talk about Grandma Grace (along with Grandma Becky, Grandma Julie and Grandma Janice - from our church)...we're so blessed with wonderful "Grandmas" in our kid's lives! The picture Peyton chose to share about what she wants to be when she grows up is one of my mom, Grandma Grace (my dad's mom), Peyton and myself last summer at a family gathering - what a sweet photo!! I'm proud of you, Peyton, for having such great heart and for already being able to see what's important in life - family!

0 comments:

Copyright © 2008 - Libby Land - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template